Don't like light on black?

Don't like light on black? Change page style to black on white. Refresh to change back.
Mostly thoughts from a time before I began to change myself.
But I'm changing that.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Memory, and the workings of brains (of geniuses, of myself, of friends of mine, a bit of men and women)

So Cluney linked me to this article about a "normal" guy and his perspective on obtaining an excellent memory.



Also, here is a link regarding how the brains of gay people of one gender work similarly to heterosexuals of the opposite gender.

I think many people who are geniuses in memory do this sort of thing without being conscious of it. I think that I probably memorised things differently than most people. I don’t know if I still do/if I have since I smoked for the first time. To a large extent, geniuses’ brains simply work in a different manner, as well as most are overactive, re-remembering things to the point of mass exhaustion and redundancy, and relating them to all sorts of barely related things. This is why they grasp things quickly; their mind works furiously to connect seemingly unconnected anythings. Events, ideas, etc. 

Now about more of my thoughts!


My mind used to work something like this until weed showed me how to calm down. I am now okay with being overactive again, but it was tiring then.

I wonder what people think of glimpses into my psyche? 
Does it make it less special that it’s sort of chance that one started the chain of thought that led here and that I’d probably write this to anyone?
(I can imagine at least somewhat, when I blog about it! But I like sharing insights)

Whenever I think about why things are the way they are, or how things work, I feel... good.
I know it’s not unique in the slightest, yet I feel like I am, in a way.
How many people consider what exactly makes people feel appreciated? Or what makes someone feel that they are strong friends with someone, or that that person sees them as a friendship apart from other friends?

I only feel that way about a friend Klyde. (gay male)
I used to feel that way somewhat about maybe a couple others. (females) 
I don’t know that either of them deserved it; I just liked them more. 
I don’t think that romantic feelings had any bearing on that. I think I’m just attracted to feminine minds...
Which would explain why I’m good friends with Klyde!
I was sort of with my sister and her friends more than with any of my own when I was younger, and that could have something to do with it. Beats me!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the brain has always been and will always be a complex thing. Don't think we'll come very close to understanding it in the coming decades.

    (by the way, the blue is a bit f an eyesore, try a different color ;D)

    ReplyDelete