Don't like light on black?

Don't like light on black? Change page style to black on white. Refresh to change back.
Mostly thoughts from a time before I began to change myself.
But I'm changing that.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

[tl;dr If current things bore you, try making something that interests you.]

In HS Philosophy our teacher had posed a question: is it better to be a fool satisfied or Socrates dissatisfied?

[I looked this up online just now and apparently Mill had said that "it is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied".]

At the time, I analysed it, I figured Socrates is better off, because I valued my intellect.
After some time, [of I suppose an amount of getting over the most oppressive of the realities of the world]
I came to think that the fool had it best, that ignorance is bliss.

I might assert that ignorance is indeed bliss. But I do not think that it is the best path. After some time I came to think about the nature of dissatisfaction. I came to reason that there should be things that I can change, or things I can make.


I thought that if I didn't like enough of the creations that I knew for,

I should try making my own.
I guess I had always considered remixes of songs that I only like bits of. 
I read a lot but I don't often think of writing my own stories, just making concepts for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment